If you do not agree to be bound by this agreement, do not access or use any part of this website. Harrison Street Roasters reserves the right, with or without notice, to make changes to this agreement at discretion at any time. Continued use of any part of this website constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
What personal information do we collect?
In order for you to create an account on Harrison Street Roasters and use our services, we need to collect and process some information. Depending on your use of the Services, that may include:
- information (such as your name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, and country of residence) that you provide by completing forms on Harrisonstreetroasters.com, including if you register as a user of the Services, subscribe to our newsletters, upload or submit any material through courses on Harrisonstreetroasters.com, or request any information;
- your login and password details, in connection with the account sign-in process;
- details of any requests or transactions you make through the Services;
- information about your activity on and interaction with Harrison Street Roasters such as your IP address and the type of device or browser you use;
- communications you send to us (for example, if you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem); and
- information that you submit to Harrison Street Roastersin the form of comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users.
How do we collect this information?
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
Like many other websites, we may also use “cookies” to collect additional website usage data to improve the Site and its functionality. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk.
Cookies help us to:
- speed up navigation time
- keep track of items you are purchasing
- provide you with content that is tailored to you
- remember information you gave us so that you don’t have to re-enter it
- determine the effectiveness of some of our marketing efforts and communications
- monitor the total number of visitors, pages viewed, and the total number of banners displayed
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. It won’t affect the user’s experience that makes your site experience more efficient and may not function properly. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
TAGS AND PIXELS
Tags and pixels are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site and may be used on individual pages throughout the Site.
How do we use your personal information?
We’ll Use Your Personal Information To:
- identify you when you sign in to your account;
- send you administrative emails and marketing communications we think you may find useful, in accordance with your email preferences. We try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the ability to opt-out of any marketing communications we send. We will send you email relating to your personal transactions. You may also occasionally receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time. We may also send you service-related announcements when necessary;
- present campaigns to you when you use the Services that we believe will be of interest based on your geographic location and previous use of the Services;
- administer your account with us;
- enable us to contact you regarding any question you make through the Services;
- engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, such as hosting and maintenance, database storage and management, advertising sales, email marketing, e-commerce functions and credit card/payment processing. We will share your personally identifiable information with these third parties only to the extent necessary for them to perform these functions and subject to their agreement to maintain the privacy and security of your data;
- analyze the use of the Services and the people visiting to improve our content and Services;
- use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information;
- comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
How do we protect your personal information?
Safeguarding the confidentiality and use of your personally identifiable information is very important to us. Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
We never post anything to your Facebook, Twitter, or other third-party accounts without your permission. Harrison Street Roasters Course Creators never receive backers’ credit card details or other payment information. We do not and will not sell your data.
What information do we keep private?
- any payment information you provide – all transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers
- your password details
- your IP address
- your phone number
- communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem)
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise, transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- You agree that Harrison Street Roasters is deemed a passive website that does not give rise to jurisdiction over Harrison Street Roasters or its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers, or shareholders (“et al”), either specific or general, in any jurisdiction other than Indiana. You expressly waive the right to seek equitable remedies/special damages/injunction against Harrison Street Roasters et al, as well as a waiver to seek any punitive or consequential damages.
- You expressly agree to that any and all disputes or claims shall be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that a User at its election may assert claims in small claims court in Indiana if the user’s claim qualifies for adjudication in that court. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this agreement to arbitrate.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the parties agree to arbitrate claims on an individual basis only, and they waive any right to bring, participate in, or recover under a class, collective, consolidated, or representative action.
- Any arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) under the rules applicable to the claim asserted (http://www.adr.org) If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than or after arbitration, the dispute shall exclusively be brought and heard In a court of competent jurisdiction in the State of Indiana. Except as otherwise provided by law or the AAA’s rules, the prevailing party in any arbitration will be entitled to receive from the non-prevailing party all of its reasonable attorney’s fees and costs.
- You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Harrison Street Roasters as a result of this agreement or use of this website.
What personal data does Harrison Street Roasters collect and store, and for what purposes? Harrison Street Roasters collects the following Mandatory data to be used in communications, customer support, marketing, advertising, and to derive product insights:
- First Name
- Email address
- City, State, Postal Code
- IP Address
Where can I find a list of Harrison Street Roaster’s Service Providers?
Here is a non-exclusive list of our service providers, and what they are used for. This list is subject to change as our business evolves.
- SiteGround: Hosting, storage and archival of Her Data Method user data and metadata
- Square: Credit card payment processing
- Facebook: Authentication and Advertising
- MailChimp: Email delivery services for communications related to email marketing and advertising of Her Data Method and our partners
- G Suite: Emails and cloud storage for documents, spreadsheets, presentations, images
- Google Analytics / Google Search Console: Site health monitoring, data and analytics; you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
May I Opt Out of Harrison Street Roasters Communications?
Yes, users may opt-out of communications by either “unsubscribing” from the footer of an email or by filling out this form.
Can I Edit My Harrison Street Roasters Information?
Yes, you can edit your data at any time from your My Account page.
Can I Delete My Harrison Street Roasters Account?
Yes, if you wish to delete your account, please fill out this form, and our customer happiness team will be glad to do it for you. Please allow 7-10 business days for your account to be deleted.